vrijdag 23 mei 2008

Resharper 4.0 Stable release

I am using Resharper since version 2.0 and VS2003.  In those days there were major problems with the memory consumption of the tool, resulting in a slow IDE and multiple crashes.  Just when I was going to remove it from my system, I made the shift to VS2005 and Resharper 2.5 (and 3.0).  It couldn't have come at a better time because I never doubted the guys from Jetbrains ever again.

A while ago I installed one of the 4.0 EAP Releases (4.0.775.22).  Some of my solutions not even the big ones took ages to start up and occasionally my studio froze!  I quickly reverted to my old version no harm done.  But a couple of days ago a Stable version was released and I decided to give it another try.  My problem solution now still take a little longer to load, but I didn't suffer any freezes anymore.  The support for the .NET 3.5 framework makes the loading time a necessary evil, besides you need this version if you really want to develop in VS2008 (and not be annoyed by non-compilation warnings from Resharper about the new language stuff)

You can buy a license for the currently released 3.5 and are allowed to upgrade to 4.0 once this version becomes available.  So what is stopping ya?

By the way, thanks to Ilya Ryzhenkov for providing a list of nice plug-ins for Resharper, these have proven to be quite helpful.

Geen opmerkingen: